Sunday, 15 June 2014

Food Glorious Food: Jamie's Diner

Something new from me, my fashionistas :).

I have always been a big lover of food and dining out is one of my favourite things to do. I would even go as far as saying it is one of my hobbies.

I have been toying with the idea to start a food blog for a while.... but then I thought, what the hell (!), let me incorporate it into my fashion blog. 

All the things I love under one blogging roof :).

So my first food post goes to Jamie's Diner (23 Shaftesbury Ave, London W1D 7EE).

This new restaurant has popped up on Shaftesbury Avenue (for a limited time only!) and as I am a big lover of Jamie Oliver's cooking... I decided to give it a go.

This restaurant can only be described as a typical diner - with a twist. I know what you are thinking "not another American style restaurant popping up". But this is different....
With the laid back ease and friendly atmosphere of your typical diner teamed with genuinely delicious food. 

The twist part comes in to the actual food its self. The meal I went for was a beef hotdog with mac and cheese on the side. The mac and cheese came with a generous helping of cajun popcorn, adding a surprisingly spicy kick to my amazing side dish. The mac and cheese alone was very tasty but the popcorn gave it a special twist! I can also safely say that the hotdog tasted great and was just the right sized portion for little old me.

The restaurant also offers the usual favourites, such as burgers, steak, ribs and much much more.

Finally even if you are not a fan of this type of food, I would go there just for the atmosphere. The staff gave great customer service and the diner it self is kitted out by the artist Jay Jay Burridge. With lots of dinosaurs dotted around and an amazing ceiling to gaze at whilst you are eating. 

I would definitely recommend getting down to Jamie's Dinner before it moves on. It is one of those diners that doesn't come along very often. 

If you are a lover of Jamie Oliver's food like I am... then you would give it a 10/10. :) 












No comments: