Thursday, 4 November 2010

"I don't do fashion, I am fashion" Coco Chanel

The title is a quote from Coco Chanel, I love all her quotes because the lady knew fashion and they always ring true, it has nothing to do with my post today but I just thought it would be a great title.

Today I'm having a look at accessorise and what better to look at but November's hot accessories of the month.... that's right the 'Remembrance Day' Poppy.

Remembrance day is on the 11th November (the 11th hour, of the 11th day, of the 11th month) and poppies are worn in honour of this day.

However over the years, the poppy has involved into something more than just 'something that is worn for remembrance day' but into a fashion accessories.

You just have to look at the TV on a Saturday night to see the xfactor judges wearing fabulous bejewelled ones or in the weekly Stylist Magazine showing you where to get one. I even saw a lady in my office sporting a massive one, putting my little traditional poppy to shame ;).

So the question is have you donated and bought a poppy for remembrance day or for fashion?






But now to the matter at hand....Accessories. I'm going to have a look at what lovely jewellery is on offer, my biggest love being rings:


From left to right:


Accessorize Abi Owl 3D Ring, Accessorize Buckle Know Band Ring



Accessorize Filigree Claw Set Ring, River Island Gold Lock Antique Chunky Stone Ring


River Island Green  Gem Claw Cocktail Ring, Topshop Bead in Wire Nest Ring 

No comments: