Thursday, 28 October 2010

Back to Black and no I don’t mean the Winehouse song!

As I was on my way to work this morning, I was indulging in my favourite past time of people watching (innocently of course), and as I looked round all I could see was black. Lots and lots of black! Winter is dull, I get that ,but must we be dull too?? I don't think so.
I NEED a bit more colour in my life. Don't get me wrong I do it too, at the moment my wardrobe consists of three colours: black grey and chocolate brown. We are all in desperate need of some colour in our lives (and maybe a shopping trip ;) ).

So I have been going through some of the high street websites to see if I could find some colourful "everyday chic" items to update our dark wardrobes. It has been hard, but here are a few...enjoy!




Accessories:


Accessorize: Belle Regular striped capped gloves, which also come with the matching scarf and ear muffs set (for the child in you, I already own these gloves ;) ).








Accessorize: Bow trim red Cloche (So cute, even if you are not a hat person this is a must have!)




Finally, because it is too cute and we live in the lovely (wet) England: Accessorize Floral Paisley Striped Umbrella.







Dresses:




Asos pleated long sleeve dress (Pair these with a pair of opaque tights and this outfit would be perfect for any occasion)







Tops:


Miss Selfridge Red Victoriana Polo top



Skirts:
Multicoloured Print Jersey Mini Skirt




Hopefully just by seeing these items brightens up this winter day....even if you don't actually go shopping :)

No comments: